Technology has a lot to offer nowadays. Everything is getting smarter, and literally too. From Z-Wave, Zigbee, Smarthings – all of smart home devices where Z-Wave vs Zigbee plays a big role, to ordinary gadgets and devices where kids’ devices are also becoming the part. Hence come the electric brushes for kids because there is no place for manual toothbrushes anymore.
To build and maintain a perfect foundation of oral hygiene, it is crucial to brush your teeth in the right way. Removal of plaque is the basic necessity which makes your teeth healthy. The American Dental Association states that manual and electric tooth brushing, both are effective means of plaque removal and help in prevention of tooth decay and cavity formation.
Electric and manual toothbrushes have their own set of benefits individually.The American Dental Association puts its seal on all the toothbrushes, whether manual or electric, that they consider effective in removal of plaque and safe to use. Here, we have summed up all the basic information that one must possess before deciding which type of toothbrush they want to get for their kids.
ELECTRIC TOOTHBRUSHES FOR KIDS
There are some incredible perks of electric toothbrushes that are hard to overlook. These benefits make them a very safe and effective choice to make. However, you need to make sure that you pick the best electric toothbrush for kids which has been approve by the ADA. Here are some of the advantages that you get through these toothbrushes:
- The most basic and appreciated benefit of electric toothbrushes is that they are very effective in removal of plaque. Manual toothbrushes are not able to remove plaque in such a deep way like the electric ones are.
- It is considered great for kids as they don’t have a lot of sense of brushing and this tends to make the task easier for them. You can maintain your kid’s oral hygiene in a better manner.
- Electric toothbrushes usually excite kids a lot.They find them to be more thrilling than the manual toothbrushes. Especially for children who don’t find brushing their teeth interesting; electric toothbrushes are the best.
- The built-in timer allows the kid to brush for the required time. This means that parents can maintain their kid’s oral hygiene perfectly.
However, there is a minor bad side to electric toothbrushes too. Here are some disadvantages that come along with them:
- They are costly. Brilliance doesn’t come cheap. Manual toothbrushes are way cheaper than electric ones.
- As the brush head needs to be replaced every second month for hygiene purposes, it can be pretty hard to find brush heads for electric toothbrushes. They aren’t easy to get and they are costly as well.
- Not all kids will enjoy the sensations made through the vibration so make sure that you train your kid for it.
MANUAL TOOTHBRUSHES FOR KIDS
Manual toothbrushes have been used since a long time and they have been around since forever. Here are some benefits of these brushes which make them the choice of majority of people:
- They are super accessible. Enter any grocery store and you will get a variety of manual toothbrushes from there. Dollar store, gas station, pharmacy; you name it and you will get a manual brush from there!
- Manual toothbrushes are super affordable. Their price begin from as low as $1.
The benefits of manual toothbrushes are not as smart as those of electric toothbrushes. They are obviously more efficient. Here are some disadvantages of manual toothbrushes that come along with the easy accessibility and cheap price tag:
- In order to remove plaque from your teeth through a manual toothbrush, a lot of effort is required. Kids tend to brush a little too hard with it which hurts their sensitive gums and still fails in removing plaque completely.
- Also, you never know whether you have brushed for an entire 2 minutes or not as manual toothbrushes do not have a built-in timer.
It really depends on parents as to which toothbrush do they consider best for their little ones. However, it is recommended that the bristles of the toothbrush must be very soft of any toothbrush that you purchase. Also the toothbrush head size and shape should be according to the kid’s age and mouth size.
The biggest advantage with electric toothbrushes is that they are specifically designed for certain age groups and thus, their brush heads size and shapes are according to the requirements of that age. Also, they have very gentle and soft bristles which make them easier and comfortable to use.
It is recommended that a child should not use an electric toothbrush before the age of 3 but after that, it is completely fine to train your child with it. It is more effective in shielding your teeth from plaque and issues like tooth decay and cavities. These are definitely the bestnew technology gadgets and gift for tech lovers like the Zigbee vs Z-Wave who have kids and would love to receive something useful for them. Electric toothbrushes might cost you more but they are long lasting, smarter and better in almost all ways possible.